Re: [Epic] Cavalry/jump pack speed...

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 11:06:16 -0500

Kalle Marjola wrote:
> The problem here is that 'infantry double their move when charging
> into close combat' and likewise cavalry '..have doubled speed,
> tripled speed when charging into close combat' ie. the problem with
> charge speed when charging into close combat.

I remember this being confusing. Does tripled mean tripled original
(before cavalry) speed, as in infantry and cavalry both get an extra
+10cm? Or if we treat the normal speed of the cavalry as twice infantry
(20 instead of 10), does this mean it can charge 60? Ugh.

How come Eldar, which move 15 cm, can ride a horse faster than humans,
which move 10cm? :-) (Assuming there were Eldar cavalry.) Seems like
it ought to have something to do with the speed of the mount.

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner_at_...