RE: [Epic] Cavalry/jump pack speed...

From: Kalle Marjola <kalle.marjola_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 17:44:03 +0200

> > I mean, disrupt cannot hits if d6x5 roll is equal or greater than
> > target unit's speed characteristic. So does it target against
> > 10cm or 20cm speed?
>
> Ah, you mean the distortion cannon. Disrupt always hits on a 4+,
> regardless of speed.

Ah, I _knew_ there was something weird in my first question :)

> If you play forced march a cavalry unit with a move of 20cm, it moves
> 30cm not 40cm. The ability only describes how to arrive at the real
> stat line, IMHO and should not be re-multiplied during the game.

The problem here is that 'infantry double their move when charging
into close combat' and likewise cavalry '..have doubled speed,
tripled speed when charging into close combat' ie. the problem with
charge speed when charging into close combat.

So if infantry gains +10cm when charging on a road, cavalry
should get more than +5cm, because they too charge faster when
they reach enemy.

Of course, if infantry gain only 5cm bonus even if they charge
into close combat and so does likewise cavalry, it would solve
the problem.

                                &Kalle