RE: [Epic] [Fwd: War Engine Names]

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 13:49:52 -0600

> As well as the RN sailors who died on Hood, there were also civilian
> dockyard workers.

---------> Not to be nitpicky, but I thought the civillians were on the
Prince of Wales, which was sort of rushed off to hunt the Bismarck while
parts were still being installed (what kinda parts? Main turret
parts...not a good thing if you get into a fight...which is exactly what
happened...)

> A sad day for the RN.

---> Absolutely. I believe even the Germans were shocked at what
happened.

Good book: "Battleship Bismark" by someone who's name I don't have with
me, but he was a gunnery officer on the Bismark who survived the
subsequent events. Came out about 1980, then was revised and rereleased
around 1990. Most of the accounts I've read previously were from the
allied point of view, or no particular POV, so it was a bit different to
hear about from someone standing on the "other" deck...

Say, this gives me a bit of an idea for a scenario involving damaged war
engines...
(for both versions of epic, of course)

Chris Miller