Re: [Epic] Titan armaments and AT shots.

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 16:08:34 -0500

Steve Sheldon wrote:

> >I like this, but it will be a while before I get round to play testing
> it.
> >Can anyone think of a good, game balanced reason why Imperial Titans
> should
> >NOT have access to Anti-Tank shots. How does this three AT shot gun
> compare
> >to the Eldar Pulsar?
> >
> The pulsar has better range and the potential for more shots, but having
> 3 dedicated shots is nice.

Also, is this being described as a single SHW, the effect of which is
3xAT, or 3xAT SHWs? For the sake of blast markers, of course.

I remember thinking that the possibility for varying these things seems
pretty rich, as well, agreeing with whoever mentioned that before.
Range doesn't give you as much to fiddle with, though. You used to be
able to get a lot of firepower in short (25cm range). So imagine taking
an 8fp HWB and putting its range down to 30cm. 12fp? 15cm: 16fp?
Could you find enough targets for 16fp within 15cm? :-) I think as
long as you try to vary weapons within the parameters of the current
ones, or finding appropriate limitations whenyou go outside them, you
could come up with lots of good stuff.

I've wished there were a weapon that could do some number of shots to a
titan, or a shot to a number of targets under a barrage template. It
seems weird to me that every barrage template weapon except the vortex
missile only does 1 hit to a titan. I could understand some of them,
but I think there ought to be something. But I haven't thought of
anything elegant.

I think a gutbuster could be either a megacannon or a death ray, Ork
player's choice. (I'd say they have to choose at the beginning of the
turn, but you'd have to add something to remember with, or say it was
megacannon unless you said otherwise.) But it still doesn't allow you
to knock down multiple shields with it. (I wouldn't want it to knock
'em all down--that seemed a bit extreme to me in the past.)

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner_at_...