Epic 40k National Championship
- Size 2000 points.
- No more than 25% of the points value of any army maybe composed of
- No more than 50% of the points value of any army maybe composed
of war engines2 .
- No more than 50% of the points values of any army maybe composed
of a combination of flyers and war engines.
- No more than 50% of the points value of a army which contains
Imperial Guard units maybe composed of space marine units.
- The same army must be used throughout the competition.
- Players must normally use the correct models represent units (old
citadel models are fine e.g old titans and Eldar vehicles). Exception
will be made were all the following apply:
- The model cannot be purchased in New Zealand or by overseas mail order,
- The replacement model is the correct scale and painted,
- The replacement looks similar to the model it is replacing,
- The same type of replacement model is being used to represent only
one type of unit on the battlefield,
- the umpire agrees that the replacement model adequately represents
the unit that it is supposed to be.
- In all cases the player which fulfils the victory conditions of a scenario will win the battle.
- It is each players responsibility to fill out an 'Epic 40k Game Record
Sheet' for each game and hand it to the umpire. Epic 40k Game Record
Sheets will be provided by the umpire at the convention.
- In each battle the player with the lowest points value army will be dealt
five fate cards, the player with highest points value army will be dealt
four cards3 .
- Players with Imperial armies may use the 'Emperors Tarot'4 .
- Players with none Imperial armies must use their race specific fate cards. These fate cards must be dealt using method 1 and 2 in White Dwarf 2145.
A round robin format will be used for the competition. Each player will play five games (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) and a final will be fought between the two players who have greatest number of competition pointsafter f
ive rounds. The final will be fought in the afternoon on the last day of the convention. During the round robin no player will fight any other
player more than once.
- The following optional rules in White Dwarfs will be used:
- Flyers may perform 'Evac' and 'Counterstrike' missions6 ,
- Thunderhawks may carry Dreadnoughts and Rhinos, but no other type of
- Imperial armies may use one of the alternative detachments in White
Dwarf number 210.
- Gargoyles may perform their own transport missions8 ,
- Swooping Hawks can use the drop pod rules9 ,
- Support Weapons and Whirlwinds maybe used as flak, but it must be noted
on a players army list which units are being used as flak10 ,
- Vortex missiles will be treated as d3 death rays, instead of d6 death
- Players should first try and settle disputes over rules between themselves in a spirit of fair play.
- If players cannot settle a dispute between themselves, then an umpire will make a ruling. The umpires decision is final, it may not be disputed or
- If an umpire is involved in a game where there is a rule dispute, the other umpire will act as referee.
- At the beginning of the convention a draw will conducted to determine the
type of battle players will be playing in each round of the round robin.
All players will play the same type of battle during the same round. The
following six types battle will be in the draw: ambush, blitzkrieg, dawn
assault, escalating engagement, meeting engagement and planetary assault.
Each type of battle will be drawn for only one round of the round robin.
A separate draw will be conducted to determine what type of battle will used in the final. Ambush will not be one of the types of battle in the draw for
- Players will place terrain themselves. If the players cannot agree on the
placement of terrain they will use the random terrain generation system will
be used (I will post this system to the list later this evening).
Winning the Championship
- Players will score one championship point per outright victory and half a
championship point per tactical victory.
- The Epic 40k final will be fought between the two players with the most
championship points after five rounds, on 29 March.
- If two players have the same number of championship points, then the playerwho has on average, won battles by a greater number of morale points, will
be given the higher ranking.
- A bye will be worth 20 morale points and 1 championship point.
To be appointed.
1 White Dwarf 215, page 99.
2 White Dwarf 215, page 99.
3 As per the rules on page 16 of the 'Battles Book'.
4 White Dwarf 210, page 48.
5 White Dwarf 214, page 64.
6 White Dwarf 214, page 94 & 95.
7 White Dwarf 214, page 97.
8 White Dwarf 214, page 97.
9 White Dwarf 214, page 97.
10 White Dwarf 215, page 99.
Home - Seans_at_...
Received on Thu Jan 01 1970 - 00:00:00 UTC