Re: [Epic] CJ #24

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 09:18:48 -0600

Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:

> J. Michael Looney wrote:
> >
> > CJ #24 arrived at my house this morning and in it we find "Warriors of
> > Justice", or the Adeptus Arbites in E40K. Reading over it I decided to
> > change the E41K version of the Adeptus Arbites detachment to match this
> > version. The changed version can be seen at
> > http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/e41k/detachments/imperial/adeptus-arbite
>
> As CJ is only available via subscription here in Oz, I'd be interested
> in seeing the original article. Some of the AA stuff I'd made out of
> whole cloth, ie it was original. How similar IS the CJ list? Is someone
> from GW actually looking at things on the web? If so, maybe we can
> persuade them to add some of the E41K units - IG Assault troops, Human
> Bombs forex - to a CJ article. Or even write one ourselves.

I think is is a case of independent develeopment.

This is why I say that:
1) Command is 1 or 2 Judge units, not 1-3 command squads (ala IG)
2) Basic range is 30 cm vs 15 cm.
3) No Psykers
4) Bikes as support not main force
5) Up to 10 support slots, not 5
6) Support weapons "Non Leathal" only (disprupt, not FP)
7) Sentinels in as support troops
8) Hellhound Flame Tanks, Griffon Mortars,SWAT Teams & Robot not part of
detachment.

I am planing on making the Ork stuff for E41K into several CJ articles
and send them off, the "Kustom Battle Wagons" seems to be right up their
ally. "As soon as my real job lets me".