Re: [Epic] frontpage (off topicish)

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 10:26:39 -0600

COOK MATTHEW JOHN wrote:

> Can someone tell me do you get Microsoft Frontpage with Microsoft
> Office Pro 97.

Nope, it's a standalone program

As I recall the "full" version if IE 4.0 include something called
"Frontpage Express", which is the WYSIWYG editor part of Frontpage. You
might try that.

For that matter Word for Windows 97 is not a bad HTML editor, just not
quite as good as frontpage. What I do is
1) write the content in Word, offline
2) Save as HTML from word.
3) import to web site (you would user FTP here, if you don't have a full
version of FrontPage)
4) Twitch the fine details with frontpage.

I do some smaller pages using just front page, and I use the front page
wizards for frames and what not, but in general the 4 steps above are
how I do my page.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com