Re: [Epic] RGMW Newsgroup.

From: Sean Smith <seans_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 11:19:11 +1300 (BST)

On Tue 24 Feb, Steve Sheldon wrote:

> > I honestly believe Epic40k is an attempt to return to the more free
> form
> >structure of 1st ed. Then again, I play Epic2nd !
> >
> I was actually thinking that e40k was disliked because it required
> thought, which is evidently missing on the newsgroup.
> Steve
>
> --
> If you choke a Smurf, what colour does it go?

I have to agree with you Steve. As an overall packed e40k is superior
to any other version of epic I have played. Yes epic 40k does has have its
faults (e.g movement not being reduced if moving through certain types of
terrain, the dropping of Squats). I don't believe amoung its faults are IG
infantry, Land raiders or support weapons. I play with a IG army mainly
(which uses only 1 detachment of spacemarine drop troops) and have won
around 60% of the battles I have fought. Each army has units in it which are
better point for point than other armies (e.g IG - artillery, space marines
- Land raiders and thunderhawks, eldar - aspect warriors and disrupt
weapons), overall I think this excellent, because it gives each army unique
strengths and weakness, thereby giving it an unique flavour.

As regard to level comment on this list I have to agree with you again
Steve and I am not refering to all the off topic emails (I am guilty as
any one else this regard). I hoped that the list would discuss tactics,
comment on battle plans etc, while there are some good posts, most of the
stuff is worthless.

---
Sean Smith
Seans_at_...