RE: [Epic] War Engine Names

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 16:34:14 -0600

> > What you have described is one of the main ways to beat the
> "Flagship
> > Kill" gambit. The other is the same strategy as taking tanks in
> WH40K:
> > Always take more than one. It can be expensive points-wise, but take
> > backup for that centerpiece unit- battlecruiser, another Greatship,
> > second titan, etc. The old titan battlegroups made this pretty easy
> - 3
> > Great Gragants for 1700 points? Twist my arm....
>
> I started employing this to great success. You wouldn't
> believe how much firepower a pair of Revenants will absorb, or how
> much gets sent towards them.
>
> Mark

--------> Makes a big difference when you have multiples - the total
volume of fire directed at them combined seems to actually be less than
if you had just one - some kind of psych thing at work I imagine. If I
see one big badguy, I'll point everything his way, but if there's 2 or
3, well, even if you kill one there's still another, so why bother?
   Try fielding One titan all by it's lonesome , and see how long it
lasts - especially the smaller ones. This works in every game I've tried
it in - multiple dreadnoughts in SFB, multiple big ships in MOW - heck,
in 40K I field 2 marine dreads just because one was always getting
nuked. With 2, they barely attract any fire. Same with tanks - take one
rhino or Leman Russ, and it's toast on turn one. Take 2 or 3 vehicles
and the problem drops off considerably.
    I don't have revenants, but throw 3 phantoms and a warlock out
there, and it sure gets interesting...

Chris Miller