Re: [Epic] IG Idea - Stormtroopers!

From: Dirk Vormann <DVormann_at_...-duisburg.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 12:39:48 +0100 (MEZ)

> >Their armor stops about 1 shot in 10.
> >They can't hid the broad side of a Wookie except at point blank range.
> >A whole squad runs away when chased by two smugglers.
> >They can't run normally, the armor is too restrictive.
> >Unarmed farm boys can knock them out and steal their armor.
> >
> ><grin>
> >
> >That would give us:
> >
> >Move: 10cm/15cm on a charge.
> >Range: 15cm
> >Firepower: 1
> >Assault: 1
> >Armor: 2+
> >Special Abilities: When charged, must make a morale check or break >and
> >flee.
>
> As a Star Wars Game Master, I don't like this kind of stormtrooper. I'm
> used to calm my players with some good stormtrooper squads. ;o)

Let me transfere this into SM2:

speed: 10cm, 15 on charge
assault: 0
save: -1 (*)
range: 25 cm
dice: 1
to hit roll: 5+
save modifier: 0

(*) save -n has to be explained:
If the model is shot at and NOT hit or if it wins a CC roll a d6. On a
roll of n or less it is destroyed nevertheless. SUBJECT TO NORMAL SAVE
MODIFIERS!!!

I suggest a det of 6 for 50 points, break point 2, 1 VP, morale value 5 as
a support card.
A company card includes 3 of those dets for 150 points, break point 7, 2
VP, morale 5.
As a special card you can buy some elite royal guard, same stats, 6 models
in det, 100 points, break point 3, 1 VP, morale 4.

:-O

Dirk