Re: [Epic] RGMW Newsgroup.

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 13:22:17 -0500

Miller, Chris wrote:

> > > Also
> > > LOB's are fine (always take mine!) but psychic saves don't negate
> > beam
> > > attacks like the Weirdboy bolts and the Prism cannon - that's in TL
> > > believe.
> >
> > No, the save does apply against such attacks.
>
> ------> Sure? I thought that was specifically mentioned somewhere in a
> Q&A...maybe I'm thinking of the void shield thing...

        Probably. Weirdboy bolts are specifically mentioned
in TL. Psychic saves work against anything psychic or warp-
based (even vortex missiles, which I don't particularly agree
with but it's in the rules), while void shields only stop
psychic powers that are not a direct attack, such as Mind
Blast, Psychic Lock, or the chaos card that lets you take
control of a unit for a turn.

> > > -----> Cultists were just like IG tac troopers. I might point out
> > the
> > > above, in additoin to being cheap,
> >
> > 200 points for crap troops is not cheap, especially
> > when you can get minotaurs for 50 pts more.
>
> -------> Well HE said mino's were cheap troops and such a bargain!
> That's the point I was trying to make - that 10 cm base movement troops
> with no ranged attack for 250 pts doesn't seem cheap to me. Really, what
> Chaos troops are? Fiends, maybe, but that's it.

        well, minotaurs are cheap for the points when you
compare them to cultists or beastmen. As far as truly cheap
troops go, fiends are probably the only thing out there.

> > > is also slow, only the marines have
> > > any decent transports, and all are extremely beatable in CC by the
> > > Eldar.
> >
> > And their morale sucks rocks.
>
> -------> Well, once you nuke the GD's : )

        You can't always garuntee that... it's just another
strike against them in my book. I don't like taking low-morale
troops unless I *know* they're going to be in LOS of their GD
for the entire game (like trolls in a plague tower).

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Omigod! The dead have risen and they're voting Republican!" - the
Simpsons