RE: [Epic] RGMW Newsgroup.

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 11:52:15 -0600

> > Also
> > LOB's are fine (always take mine!) but psychic saves don't negate
> beam
> > attacks like the Weirdboy bolts and the Prism cannon - that's in TL
> > believe.
>
> No, the save does apply against such attacks.
------> Sure? I thought that was specifically mentioned somewhere in a
Q&A...maybe I'm thinking of the void shield thing...

> > -------> I thought there was some kind of restriction on flyers
> entering
> > CC with ground units?
>
> There isn't, but the problem with trying this is that
> the flyers are not pinned, so they generally don't survive to
> the CC phase. And if you're targetting firestorms with them,
> the firestorms aren't pinned either, so they can still shoot
> at whatever the eldar player wants and leave other units to
> pick off the rather fragile doomwings.
------> OK, that's what I was on - no pinning, so you usually aren't
going to get to CC them. I know it never happened to me, so I figured
there was a reason.

> > > Minotaurs, space marines, chaos squats. I never had any cultists,
> so I
> > > don't know much about their
> > > abilities.
> > >
> > -----> Cultists were just like IG tac troopers. I might point out
> the
> > above, in additoin to being cheap,
>
> 200 points for crap troops is not cheap, especially
> when you can get minotaurs for 50 pts more.
-------> Well HE said mino's were cheap troops and such a bargain!
That's the point I was trying to make - that 10 cm base movement troops
with no ranged attack for 250 pts doesn't seem cheap to me. Really, what
Chaos troops are? Fiends, maybe, but that's it.

> > is also slow, only the marines have
> > any decent transports, and all are extremely beatable in CC by the
> > Eldar.
>
> And their morale sucks rocks.
-------> Well, once you nuke the GD's : )
 ...and I still don't see mino's as miracle troops, unless the table is
really small. The LOB is fairly hard to kill as he can do the card save
thing vs non-psychics, and has decent armor and a save vs psychics, but
how many of them can you take. The Tzeentch, Nugle, Slaanesh GD's and
the Primarchs are not that durable against Eldar.

Chris Miller