Re: [Epic] Favorite Detachments

From: Los <los_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 17:22:11 -0500

> Andy Skinner wrote:
>
> > I have a little different question. Do you paint your minis with
> > detachments in mind? I have not settled down to a set group of
> > detachments yet, and do not paint minis with any sense of grouping.
> > (It would have been easier to do this in 2nd edition.) Since I don't know
> > how they'll be grouped, I don't want to paint them with any particular
> > scheme. I do need to start doing something to give them some
> > individuality--they're all the general color scheme of the army right
> > now.

First, I figure out in my head the parent unit I want t model, for instance,
Second Company Ultramarines, Or I'm designing a Emperor's Hand Space Marine
Chapter Quik reaction Force, or 505th Scotian Assault landing battalion

Second I figure out what detachments I'll be able to make out of the battle
force and add extra models to my paint list as necessary. (I have tons
ofunpainte stuff I picked up at an online auction).

Then I research and paint the unit. Do my detachments within the unit have
seperate scemes or markings? Usually not. For instance my battle force might be
comprised of Second Company Ultramarines with a few tactical detachments, a
support and an assault detachment, and maybe a bike/speeder force for recon.
Most all these guys will bear the markings of second company but the terminator
squads (1st Co.) and the scouts (10th).

Los