Re: [Epic] Favorite Detachments

From: Max Maynard-Maloney <dormammu_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 19:49:45 -0800 (PST)

> I have a little different question. Do you paint your minis with
> detachments in mind? I have not settled down to a set group of
> detachments yet, and do not paint minis with any sense of grouping.

I had this problem as well. I ended up painting my Marines in groups that
could be made into a variety of detachments. My theme was Dark Angels
with a variety of other chapters in support. So I painted:

Marine Company (ala 40K) - 1 of Dark Angels and 1 of Blood Drinkers
        6 Tac squads with Rhinos
        2 Dev squads with Rhinos
        2 Ass squads with Rhinos
Armored Company - 1 of Dark Angels and 1 of Ultramarines
        6 ea of Land Raiders, Whirlwinds and Predators
All my Bikes, Attack Bikes and Land Speeders divided between Dark Angels
        (Ravenwing) and White Scars.
2 Thunderhawks with 12 stands of Assault infantry (Space Wolves)

I figure if I paint them based on 'real world' organization scheme, then I
can even mix them into detachments with some rationalization. For
example, Blood Drinkers infantry with Predators in support from an
Ultramarine tank company.

Now if only they'd release that Boltgun Metal spray in the US so I can
start on my Iron Fists force.

Max

"Run, humans! Run for your sweaty lives! Run till you hearts burst and
your lungs collapse! You cannot run away from ME! Everything that is,
IS MINE!" --the dread Dormammu, Doctor Strange #9