Re: [Epic] Favorite Detachments

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 15:02:33 -0500

Miller, Chris wrote:

> Ok, in effort to have more than one thread going at a time on
> the list, I have two items:
>
> 1) Has anyone tried just porting a unit over directly from SM/TL to
> E40K? I know the army list changes make some of this impossible, but
> there should be some things that are possible - Ork units, maybe some IG
> units, The LR company - I ask because many of us have these predefined
> units ready made for the old version, yet in the new one I tend to use
> such different setups that it's hard to use the old groups. The LR co.
> is easy, but how bout an ork horde based on the old 4 nobz + 15 boyz
> setup, with some tanks or squiggoths or something added in...

I have a little different question. Do you paint your minis with
detachments in mind? I have not settled down to a set group of
detachments yet, and do not paint minis with any sense of grouping. (It
would have been easier to do this in 2nd edition.) Since I don't know
how they'll be grouped, I don't want to paint them with any particular
scheme. I do need to start doing something to give them some
individuality--they're all the general color scheme of the army right
now.

andy

--
Andy Skinner