Re: [Epic] Favorite Detachments

From: Steve Sheldon <s_sheldon_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 10:09:26 PST

>1) Has anyone tried just porting a unit over directly from SM/TL to
>E40K? I know the army list changes make some of this impossible, but
>there should be some things that are possible - Ork units, maybe some
IG
>units, The LR company - I ask because many of us have these predefined
>units ready made for the old version, yet in the new one I tend to use
>such different setups that it's hard to use the old groups. The LR co.
>is easy, but how bout an ork horde based on the old 4 nobz + 15 boyz
>setup, with some tanks or squiggoths or something added in...

Figure the costs of the units on the company card, eg for the LRs it
would be 375 points, write this value on the card beneath the 600 point
value for SM/TL, any support cards have their add points (-HQ)
For the ork mobz, one of the nobz will become a warboss, again, support
cards will have add points and will not be stand alone detachments.

>2) If you're like many of us and have certain ready-made units which
you
>use repeatedly, what's your favorite and why? Go ahead and list 'em out
>- if you have something good, we might want to copy them...

I have a deathwing (Librarian, 6 termies and 7 LRs), Ravenwing dets. (1
has 6 bikes a Librarian, 5 speeders and 5 attack bikes, the other has a
captain, and 5 of each), I also field the third company split so that 3
tac, 2 assault and the librarian go in one det, the rest + captain go in
the support detachment, usually with a few whirlwinds thrown in. These
are my favourite imperial units, and are the core of my army.

For orks, I have a 15 battlewagon, 7 stompa 15 nobz squad that really
knows how to deal some damage...

--
If you choke a Smurf, what colour does it go?