Re: [Epic] Favorite Detachments

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 13:41:57 -0600

Steve Sheldon wrote:

> >1) Has anyone tried just porting a unit over directly from SM/TL to
> >E40K? I know the army list changes make some of this impossible, but
> >there should be some things that are possible - Ork units, maybe some
> IG
> >units, The LR company - I ask because many of us have these predefined
> >units ready made for the old version, yet in the new one I tend to use
> >such different setups that it's hard to use the old groups. The LR co.
> >is easy, but how bout an ork horde based on the old 4 nobz + 15 boyz
> >setup, with some tanks or squiggoths or something added in...
> >
> Figure the costs of the units on the company card, eg for the LRs it
> would be 375 points, write this value on the card beneath the 600 point
> value for SM/TL, any support cards have their add points (-HQ)
> For the ork mobz, one of the nobz will become a warboss, again, support
> cards will have add points and will not be stand alone detachments.

OK, this sounds like what I need to do for E41K "Age of Apostacy"
section.

For those that are following along here:
1) Epic 30K - Horus Heresy. made from SM 1st ed army list published in
the WD. Currently SM and IG are done.
2) Age of Apostacy - Based on SM/TL army cards. Will Start on this
"Real Soon Now" [Note: Hive War not used]
3) Rouge Trader Era - Based on WH40K/RT era army lists. Most of
Imperial and Orks done.
4) Trynid wars. Current E40K, with added rules