RE: [Epic] Psylances

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 16:25:21 -0600

> ----------
>
> >---------> Agreed on the first two. The Psy Lance is Weak? It's a
> barrage
> >template which has a 4+ chance to hit (on a Warlock titan) anything
> under
> >it, no armor save,void shields do not stop it,
>
> Don't you mean, "void shields only stop it 50/50"?
>
> Agro

--------> Not sure. Renegades says it passes through armor and shields.
TL says shields allow a save vs psychic powers. TL also mentions
"psychic saves" seperate from shield saves, so they appear to be 2
different effects, as a unit can have both and a "P-save" allows a save
roll vs direct attacks like a weirdboy bolt that a shield save does not.
     In the TL Eldar weapons section, the psylance description mentions
that units with a psychic save get the save, to stop it's effects, but
leave in the "passes straight thru shields and armor" line, and reading
the description again I don't think shields alone allow a save vs this
weapon, only a real psychic save.

How have people played this before? I honestly can't remember it coming
up after TL as I didn't play Eldar that much and I don't think I nuked a
titan with it, just GD's.

Chris Miller