RE: [Epic] Plague Towers and Thunderhawks

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 16:46:29 -0600

> Two things:
>
> Why, in other threads, were the Chaos players allowed Thunderhawks? I
> take it this was a house rule?

--------> It was a house rule at one point , until a WD Q&A clarified
that Chaos Marines can take any marine equipment, with the stipulation
that only chaos marines can use it - i.e. no minotaurs in T-hawks. Made
Chaos a much nastier force as the plague power and vortex power for the
marine detchments suddenly became very mobile.

> And am I the only person who found Plague Towers to be worhtless heaps
> of s**t? They had an excellent carrying capacity, but only went as fat
> as the infantry they carried; if you wanted to get anywhere, you had
> go on Charge orders all the time, which meant that the Gunz wouldn't
> be
> used. Comments?

        ---------> They are simply a moving (well, barely) target for
psychic lance target practice...
        They get better in E40K , though. I've actually purchased one
now...

        I'm sure Scott will jump in here...

        Chris
        Miller