Re: [Epic] Orks in various rules set

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 18:16:35 -0500

J. Michael Looney wrote:

> Scott Shupe wrote:
>
> > > Set one:
> > Looking at your criteria, this has to be SM/TL.
> >
> Nope.

> > > Set two:
> > So this must be CT.
> >
> Nope.
>
> > > Set three:
> > Which makes this SM/TL/WL, I guess. Doesn't look right,
> Nope.
> >
> > > Set four:
> > I'm betting this is E40k...
> >
> Nope. And opps. That should be

        Geez! Well, I can always claim that I would've gotten
them right if you hadn't put the wrong values down for set 4...

Set 4 is SM/TL/Warlords, definitely. I was thinking it might
have been E40k because of all the different infantry types,
but you had cleverly reversed the infantry and vehicle values.

> > I think SM/Warlords and SM/TL/Warlords would have been
> > a better comparison. Space Marines and Titan Legions were not
> > stand alone games by any means.
> >
> Oh? Some people keep telling me it is. It's not? Gee. Epic 40K is.

        They're stand alone in the GW sense... All you need
is the basic rules and your army rules! (and in the case of
WH40k/WHFB, the psyker/magic rules...)

> > > The question: Which set is which.
> >
> > There are 4 gargants in E40k? I thought it was just
> > Gargant, Great Gargant, and Mega Gargant. What other type is
> > there?
> >
> That would be giving it away now.

        Grrrr!!! Now I'm going to have to dig out my rulebooks
when I get home...

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"The only thing to fear is fearlessness" - REM