Re: [Epic] Fixing Up Lead Pieces

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 20:11:40 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Max Maynard-Maloney wrote:

> > I just found a hole in the legs of my new Eldar Titan that's not supposed
> > to be there. Does anyone know what I can use to fill this hole with?
> >
> Epoxy putty is very expensive and I would only recommend it if you want to
> scult free-standing detail. For a simple filling problem, get Squadron
> Putty (white or green). It is about $2 per tube and if your game store
> doesn't carry it, try a plastic model or radio control shop.

some of the hardware shops carry the stuff for around $2 for 5 inches of
the stuff. I dont like doing deep holes with the putty, for as it drys, it
shrinks a little, unless it is built up in thin layers. I do like the
white putty better than the green- it featheredges better when sanding.

if the hole is deeper than 1/16 inch, use epoxy putty, otherwise the white
putty is ideal.

> Max
>
> "Run, humans! Run for your sweaty lives! Run till you hearts burst and
> your lungs collapse! You cannot run away from ME! Everything that is,
> IS MINE!" --the dread Dormammu, Doctor Strange #9

**

mike
**