[Epic] RE: Old vs New

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 09:14:26 -0600

> Hello everybody!
>
> I have a question for you!
>
> Where there alot more different types of soldiers in the
> earlier versions of the EPIC system?
--------> In general, there were in 2nd ed (SM/TL), but not so much in
1st ed. Remember that 1st edition was really before many of the current
troop types were developed. The number of troop types for most races is
similar to E40K
> For instance there had to be different looking eldar exarcs,
> am I right?

-------> Nope. All the Eldar looked like guardians, though there were
some 'spirit warriors' which were spirit-stone powered dreadnoughts of
various types. What, you say? - Dreads were piloted by regular living
Eldar like the other races. The only plastic you could buy were
guardians & Falcons, Boyz & Battlewagons, and tac marines, rhinos and
Land Raiders. There were lots of metal infantry types, though.

> If so, how do they compare to the new models?

------->Most weren't as detailed or variable as the ones now, but we
thought they were good. The little infantry , support weapons, etc were
rather interesting. People did a lot of conversion work to make them
different.

Maybe I'll post a brief list this weekend from Codex Titanicus. You
might be surprised. WD did add some (like Chaos, etc) but not everyone
had those.

Chris Miller