Re: [Epic] Orks in various rules set

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 09:47:06 -0600

Aaron P Teske wrote:

> Excerpts from Epic: 26-Feb-98 [Epic] Orks in various rule.. by "J.
> Michael Looney"_at_eart
> > Also this does NOT take into account weapons fit on Gargants, Just
> basic
> > hulls.
>
> Actually, then, a question for you... how did you count four Gargants
> for Codex Titanicus? IIRC, all four are from the Great Gargant hull;
> the only differences are whether they have a Gutbuster vs. a Snapper,
> and whether they have a weapon head or not -- weapons fits. (Just
> nitpicking, and I had to dig out my Titanicus stuff to double check,
> but....)

Well, the amount of weapon slots (vs weapon types) is what I what I
should have said. There are 4 possible lay outs in CT. Granted the
hull is the same in each case.

> Also, I'd have to agree with others that counting 'command' Gargants as
> different from 'regular' Gargants doesn't work (for me). Basically,
> the 'command' ability is something like putting a Gork or Mork head on a
> regular Gargant in SM/TL; it improves the morale of the Orks (adding
> something to the stat line of the Gargant). So why not count those as
> different, too?

I forgot about that. That does make it 7 gargant types in SM/TL/WL
then.

If I get REALLY bored in the next week I will do the weapon build out
options for gargants. I suspect, but don't have any proof, that doing
it that way will result in CT having the most gargant options.
Titan/Gargant design in CT is gross.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com