Re: [Epic] Pure Titan Armies (and Epic 40K)

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 16:59:58 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 18-Feb-97 Re: [Epic] Pure Titan Armie.. by Bayani R
Caes_at_...
> One of the offending Colossi is inside charge range for the Bikes, and
> and all three are within range of the Heavy comps. Given the way the
> Squat player has been going, I can safely assume that all three Colossi
> are on FF orders.

Of course you can. Colossi are *always* on FF orders. ^_^

> Now, if I think the game could go another three turns (also another
> unlikely, but stick with me on this; games have gone 8 turns with me
> before)

Yeesh, Bayani, get over it....

> > Jeez - 8 hours on 1500 pts?
> 8 turns, 6 hours. Here's what happened:
> 1. It was Tac Comp and a Heavy Comp vs. a Warrior Brotherhood in a
> setting with lots of buildings. 7+ shots were being taken all night.

And the fact that I took an Overlord helped less than you might think.
The Overlord did pop most of his Sentinels, but was singularly
uneffective against the guys in buildings -- 7+ shots, again.

> 2. CC did not happen until the very end. I was very reluctant to send
> my troops charging his, since he's got a better CAF and this irritating
> ability to keep rerolling 1s until he gets not-a-1 in CC.

Er, no, I only re-roll once. It's usually enough, though. And your
Ogryns certainly got stuck in fast enough... they just died, taking some
berserkers and/or warriors with them. ^_^

> 3. It was late, it was my second game, and both of our brains were fried.

Quite true. If I'd been thinking, I'd have charged out the Thunderers
three turns before (at least!) to take the objective. Instead, I got
stuck thinking, "They're Thunderers, they don't charge, they shoot," and
accomplishing nothing. <shrug>

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...