Re: [Epic] Orks in various rules set

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 21:57:19 -0600

pentacle_at_... wrote:

> >That's ok. Wait until tommorow when you see Matt's and my battle report.
> >
> >Lets just say I wanted to do cheese and I did. I may have found the
> >"Killer Space Marine Detachment From Hell"
>
> I would love to see this. Could you send the detachment list seperatly so I
> could go over them on close inspection before I read the battle report.
>
> Aerich Frodoson
> "When all else fails make the Terminators do it"

Normally I clip sig lines, but this one is to good to miss.

Task Force Cheddar
Liberian Roquefort in Land Raider
Captain Brie in Land Raider

10 stands Terminators mounted in Land Raiders
Support:
10 Support weapons

Each LR carries a support weapon.
This gives 34 AT shots at 45 cm and 20 fire power _at_ 30 cm when on over
watch. This forms part one of the wall of death.

Detachment 2 of the wall of death
Tactical Company
Liberian Jack in Rhino
Captain Colby in Rhino

10 SM squads in Rhinos
10 Dreadnoughts in support

This gives 20 fire power _at_ 45 cm and 60 at 30 cm when on over watch.

Artillery support:
6 heavy arty
3 death strike missiles
support:
6 Hydra AAA
9 Leman Russ MBT

Also on the battle field
3 Shadow Swords + 1 Bane blade.

We were playing "Planetary assault". I was defender. All my units
started on the board. None were suprised.
Basic game concept: The 2 halves of the wall of death set up in line
formation, right at the 1/2 mark of the table, set over watch and killed
any thing that got in front of them.

Yes, there was tons of terrain on the board but there was enough field
of fire to cause some real problems if your were not careful.

1) Turn one:
He moved first.
Put Artillery in "Special Orders". Blast his artillery as it comes on
the board.
Kill with death strikes his super heavy tanks detachments (broke both
detachments of 3 tanks each with one shot per detachment.
Kill his "Nuns with Guns" detachment that got in front of Task Force
Cheddar (using half of the detachment).

Turn 2).
Break his attack bike detachment the attempted to get close to the
tactical marines. I lost a few dreads and Rhinos.

Turn 3:
Kill off his battle company with TFC and chew up his Land Raiders with
Artillery, Shadow swords and the tactical marines. He pops a few
marines of the tactical company.

Turn 4: clean up the rest, so to speak.

Total Moral at end was 0 to 62. I think I lost a total of 2 moral due
to some blast markers.