[Epic] Net Epic

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 19:55:08 +0000

REMINDER

THIS WEEKS TOPIC IS THE COMBAT PHASE, MAINLY CLOSE COMBAT.

I would like to address the consensus problem regarding close combat.
At the moment more have voted in favor of the current close combat rules
with the minor add on of skimmer vs skimmer, but there are a decent
sized amount of opinions proposing other sytems. Although inividually
these alternate ideas cannot compare to the votes in favor of the
current rules, if I add the votes of alternate ideas as a whole it would
be comparable in support.

To make it easier on everyone lets take a poll on two propositions:
                1-the current rules with the skimmer add on
                2-any of the other ideas posted, but please pick one in specific to
later present it to everyone in a more organized fashion.

Also many examples or worries including the titan issue have risen up
regarding close combat,whatever system is used is intended as the rules
for the game as a whole, titans will be an exception-so dont figure them
in to the present analysis.

To be fair and wet everyones appetite on what the rules regarding titans
will be, here they are: sice day one people have expressed thier
unhappiness with the common ocurrence of titans being taken out in close
combat by drives of expendible cheap units. Many have put foward the old
AT rules, I favor these since they correct the problem and do so while
preserving the character and background of the game.

For those who have never seen these rules they basically consist that
only titans/ superheavies(of the collosi class)and knights have the
sufficient physical bulk(or whatever you want to call it) to be able to
cause a titan damage. Doing so with anything less is still possible but
a long shot. The way this was handled was that all troop stands in close
combat rolled a d6 to survive anti-personel weapons on the titans, each
surviving stand rolls another d6 to see if he successfully planted the
charge in a place it could do damage, on a roll of 6 it was successful
and damage was rolled(it usually caused minor damage. In case of
vehicles it was a ram, and resolved similary except that if it survived
the ram it caused damage to the legs.

Having said all this I must add:DONT COMMENT ON THIS YET, I PUT IT HEre
SO PEOPLE CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT COMES LATER. THIS WILL BE DISCUSSED
FULLY(ALONG WITH ANY CHANGES) WHEN WE DISCUSS TITANS AS A WHOLE!!!.

United we stand!
Peter