Re: [Epic] More Heretical Ideas

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 13:19:06 -0700

Alberto Zanini wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Feb 1998 23:49:53 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >Sauron Moridor wrote:
> >>
> >> Sauron1 writes; Thane;
> >>
> >> The Tyra-Spiders occupy the same area as an old Epic square base.and are
> >> 3/8" high at the leg bend. I figure they would absorb a fair amount of
> >> incoming fire before they go down if they are considered to have a
> >> chitinouse exo-skeleton as many Tyranids do.
> >>
> >> As I intend to use them as mass attack CC with no actual weapons except
> >> poisonous bight I suppose they could be a Hormagaunt?
> >>
> >> sauron1_at_...
> >
> >Sure, call them something new, give them hormagaunt; well maybe more
> >like a lictor.
> >
> >Ah, screw it:
> >
> >Mv: 20
> >Range: N/A
> >FP:0
> >Assault:4
> >Armor:6
> >Special: Ignores terrain
> >Cost:18 or 19
> >(slightly more than lictor)
> >
> >Not that I'm trying to steal the glory of you making the new beastie;
> >I'm just bored.
> >
> >Thane
> >
> Hi People, I'm a newcomer in this list, but...
> can you post this new unit in 2nd edition format too?
> i, and many people still play this version, and if you can put out a new unit we
> can use it too.
>
> Thank You very much
> Meridian

I wish people around here still played second ed.

My best shot:

Name (sauron, think of something.)
Move: 20
Save: 4+
CAF:+5
Weapons: Big pointy bits
Range:0
Attack Dice:0
RTH:0 (duh)
Targets save :0
Special notes: Instinct - Rampage;
Size: vehicle

Ignores all terrain, except weird stuff like lava and acid pools. Moves
at 1/2 speed in buildings (takes time to rip through walls).

Bought in units of 5 for 250 points.

Thane