Re: [Epic] Are Eldar worth buying?

From: Colen McAlister <brother_morgan_at_...>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 20:10:06 +0000

In article <199803011300.OAA16131_at_...>, Erik stberg
<gandalf_at_...> writes
>I'm planning to buy Eldar as a secondary army, but I don't know if
>it's worth it. They seem to be very weak compared to space marines
>and orks.
The troops are, yes.
>Range 15 and armour 3+ isn't very funny at all, and there aren't
>too many different troop types.
But the great thing is the mobility. Their standard assault troops have
Assault Value 4! Even the Guardians have FP 2. The Eldar are designed to
systematically shatter parts of the opposition's line, and then run away
really quickly.
>I would need advice on what to buy first, Eldar tactics would be
>very nice too.
A couple of boxed sets (at least), then one blister of each of the
vehicles.
>Secondly, how many craftworlds are there?
Enough for everyone to make their own. :o)
>I'm planning to paint my Eldar (if I buy any) in a different
>colour scheme, but I want them to fit in the background, are there
>any lesser, not described craftworlds?
Lots. They're so 'not described', they don't even have names.

--
Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister, wargamer extrordinaire     X
 http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/4368/    OOOX===========>