Re: [Epic] Epi ignored

From: Aaron <akkala_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 14:56:56 -0600

Fabio VanderMerwe wrote:
> I stopped buying White dwarf because the articles about epic were short
> and lame, it seemed to me that they just came up with something to still
> have an epic section. although I do have to admit that there are some good
> articles.

It seems to me that EPIC is both too simple and complete (covers most
codex's) to warent much treatment in WD which seems to be devoted to
errata and fluff. The fluff is usually more relevent to 40k anyway and
battle reports are used to sell the latest mini (the newest model ALWAYS
win). I guess that will change when they finally start re-releasing
Titan models (at least for a while).

EPIC will never receive the coverage of 40K, WFB, or whatever new they
come up with. We're just gonna have to get used to it. I think they
will keep supporting it and not send it they way of Necromunda/Man O'
War.

                                         -- Aaron Day