Re: +AFs-Epic+AF0 Epi ignored

From: William A. Calderwood <wac_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 11:06:19 -0500

I'd rather pay 4 bucks for a mag that just covered Warhammer than pay 10
bucks for something that covered a bunch of useless WH40K and E40K stuff in
it too (just an example, I don't really think the information is useless,
just that if I want to by a mag for E40K then that is what should be in it
nothing else). They should split up the magazine in to sepparate mags each
covering their own game IMHO. I totally understand why the will not do this
though. How else are they going to adverties for the other armies. Also the
same reason they won't split up the mag into different sections. Currently
by scattering and mixing the games up in the mag you have to scan through
those section on the other games to get to the info you want to read (more
advertisement and marketing tricks).

wac

+AD4-I will have to agree on the lack and/or decline of usable info in both
mags.
+AD4-It's too bad that CJ and WD don't just merge into a mega mag. I mean think
+AD4-about it. Here in the states a CJ costs +ACQ-8 and a WD is +ACQ-5 (soon to be +ACQ-6 i
+AD4-hear). Both of which are becoming full of filler just to make them stay
+AD4-thick enough to be (at first glance anyway) worth the huge price. Here's my
+AD4-idea. Combine the two, divide it into sections throughout the mag (ex. a
+AD4-Warhammer section, WH40K section, an E40K section, etc..) so all the
+AD4-supported games have something (including the Citadel stuff and bring back
+AD4-the freakin' 'Eavy Metal), charge ten bucks and in the end you would have a
+AD4-better deal than what you pay now (soon to be a total of +ACQ-14) for both and
+AD4-printing and shipping costs would go down for the GW side making it more
+AD4-cost effective.