Re: [Epic] E40K- Firefights

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 20:22:37 -0700

Andy Skinner wrote:

> Aaron wrote:
> >
> > Andy Skinner wrote:
> > >
> > > I think getting initiative would be pretty important, especially if
> > > someone was poorly setup, with their fp guys in front of their assault
> > > guys. You could assault the shooters and shoot the assaulters. :-)
> >
> > If you lose the initiative and someone charges your guys and you are
> > Assaulting, can you move your guys up to add to the engagement?
>
> In the rules, or in the hypothetical version I was thinking of,
> combining the two? In the official rules, I do not think you can do
> that. In my hypothetical combination of firefight and assault, who
> knows? I never got that far with it.
>
> andy
>
> --
> Andy Skinner
> askinner_at_...

Actually, we had toyed with having both players move and then resolve
the firefight/close assualt in a few giant lumps; Every unit within 15
cm of an opponent added it FP, unless in hand to hand, where you used
your assault. Units which could support multiple close combats had to
support the closest. This left close support units as useless; maybe
they could double their FP. This also gave no casualties from the absent
firefight, but there were never that many casualties in a fightfight
anyway. Maybe some rules could be developed for working out casualties
among support troops?

Thane