Re: [Epic] Eldar Titan legions

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 22:58:40 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 3-Mar-98 [Epic] Eldar Titan legions by "Matthew
Sprange"_at_clara.
> In the old Titanicus supplement, there was an Eldar Titan in purple with
> gold lining colours. That picture has always stuck in my mind, and I have
> based my existing Craftworld, Altsain, on it.

Aye-yup, that's a pretty nice one, though the picture's a little dark.

> What was the name of the original Craftworld? And can anyone give me any
> info on it? The more the better.

Fir Iolarion, trans. Eagles Born of Fire. From my web page at
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~at2u/u40k/ (following links to Eldar -- Titan
Clans):

The Fir Iolarion -- Eagles Born of Fire -- were almost completely destroyed
four centuries ago when they lost control of the warp gates onboard their
craft world, Lugannath, allowing the Daemons of the warp to enter and attack
them. For many years the clan drifted helplessly in space while they laboured
to make the necessary repairs; stranded, and with their numbers severely
depleted by the creatures in their midst, they were reduced to being one of
the weakest Eldar clans.

Over time however, thanks only to their own unrelenting and steadfast efforts,
they have not only regained the power they once had, but have exceeded it
tenfold. Their almost total obliteration is now regarded by their leaders as
a baptism of fire.

In the months after their warp gate accident, the Iyanden Craft World sent
Eldar troops to nearby systems to gather materials for repairs. On the Ork
world of Gragnar they located a lake of liquid copper vital to the
restabilization of their warp gates. Although their operations to drain the
lake were constantly hampered by attacks from Ork Gargants, the presence of
the Fir Iolarion Phantoms meant that they were able to get the metal they
required without sustaining heavy losses.

Hope this helps. ^_^

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...