Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Jyrki Saari <js54904_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 11:57:57 +0200 (EET)

[snip]
> There has been a lot of discussion about infantry should be weaker against
> heavy vehicles & titans. I think we shouldn't change the existing rules and
> stats too much.
> Heavy war machines justify their cost by having superior fire power and
> better armor, and they don't need to be immune (or almost so) to the
> effects of CC.

Not immune to cc but rather a quite bit more resistant to the infantry etc.
I have always wondered what the bikes do to be so darn effective against
titans. Drive up their legs and shoot through the bridge windows?

> When Soviets occupied Czechoslovakia, they brought their heavy tanks. Here
> is how the natives dealt with them: Ordinary dinner plates were put face
> down on a road that is on a probable path of tanks, and when the tanks
> stopped to investigate the objects (for mines etc), they were finished of
> by molotof cocktails made of ordinary bottles, detergent, gasoline, and
> nails. The guys who destroyed tanks this way were not even trained
> soldiers. You would extrapolate that, well trained soldiers with heavy
> armor (often with some strength amplyfying aids) and futuristic weapons of
> 40K universe can do lot more efficient job.

The only troops that have strength amplifying aids are Space marines and
Aspect warriors. IG are just regular soldiers as are eldar guardians and
squats.

Jyrki Saari
js54904_at_...