Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: nethol <nethol_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 11:44:29 +0200

> >To make it easier on everyone lets take a poll on two propositions:
> > 1-the current rules with the skimmer add on
> > 2-any of the other ideas posted, but please pick one in
>
> Ummm...seeing as I'm not really sure what the current rules are I guess
I'd
> favour number two...
> In general, I favour anything that strengthens Titans/vehicles that are
soon
> to be reclassified as Titans (hopefully :P), and anything that makes CC
less
> important for the average unit...
> Mike the Liu

There has been a lot of discussion about infantry should be weaker against
heavy vehicles & titans. I think we shouldn't change the existing rules and
stats too much.
Heavy war machines justify their cost by having superior fire power and
better armor, and they don't need to be immune (or almost so) to the
effects of CC.

When Soviets occupied Czechoslovakia, they brought their heavy tanks. Here
is how the natives dealt with them: Ordinary dinner plates were put face
down on a road that is on a probable path of tanks, and when the tanks
stopped to investigate the objects (for mines etc), they were finished of
by molotof cocktails made of ordinary bottles, detergent, gasoline, and
nails. The guys who destroyed tanks this way were not even trained
soldiers. You would extrapolate that, well trained soldiers with heavy
armor (often with some strength amplyfying aids) and futuristic weapons of
40K universe can do lot more efficient job.