Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: <oki_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 19:05:21 +0800

At 11:57 AM 2/19/97 +0200, you wrote:
>[snip]
>> There has been a lot of discussion about infantry should be weaker against
>> heavy vehicles & titans. I think we shouldn't change the existing rules and
>> stats too much.
>
>> When Soviets occupied Czechoslovakia, they brought their heavy tanks. Here
>> is how the natives dealt with them: Ordinary dinner plates were put face
>> down on a road that is on a probable path of tanks, and when the tanks
>> stopped to investigate the objects (for mines etc), they were finished of
>> by molotof cocktails made of ordinary bottles, detergent, gasoline, and
>> nails. The guys who destroyed tanks this way were not even trained
>> soldiers. You would extrapolate that, well trained soldiers with heavy
>> armor (often with some strength amplyfying aids) and futuristic weapons of
>> 40K universe can do lot more efficient job.
>
>The only troops that have strength amplifying aids are Space marines and
>Aspect warriors. IG are just regular soldiers as are eldar guardians and
>squats.

But look at it this way. You got conscripted from your planet, sent to a
battlefield a hundred light years away, given nothing but a lasgun and the
Emperor's prayer to fight against the Orks, Eldar, Tyranids, Chaos and you
do not want to be creative and "requisite" some strength amplifying aids :)
even if they are not standard issue items ?

Regards