[Epic] [E40K] Ork Battlefortresses

From: Elaine P <elainepat_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 10:57:56 PST

Has anyone used Battlefortresses to transport a detachment of infantry?
I've thought about a detachment of 4 to 5 battlefortresses linking up
with a detachment of infantry. The infantry would consist of units of
boyz, the warboss, and have a couple of stompas & a battlewagon mob as
support. I would place the stompas & battlewagons in front of the
battlefortresses to absorb blast markers and such. The infantry would
be deployed from the battlefortresses to protect them from assaulting
troops.

Given the slow speed of the battlefortresses, would such a scheme work?

Seems like any detachment I field that has a stompa, squiggoth, and/or
battlefortress becomes my opponent's center of attention. Does anyone
ever field a detachment of battlefortresses, or a gargant to purposely
draw the opponent's attention away from your intended point of attack?

--Elaine