Re: [Epic] [E40K] Ork Battlefortresses

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 14:23:03 +1000

Elaine P wrote:

> Has anyone used Battlefortresses to transport a detachment of infantry?

Heck yes, I do it all the time...
Typical detachments of infantry designed to be carried by 5 BFs are:

1 Warboss in Battlewagon
7 Boyz (or Shooty Boyz)
12 Big Gunz (or Pulsas)
1 Pulsa

1 Warboss
1 Weirdboy
4 Stormboyz
4 Nobz
1 Pulsa
9 Boyz

>I would place the stompas & battlewagons in front of the
> battlefortresses to absorb blast markers and such.

But as the BFs can only be taken as all-BF detachments, this isn't going
to work against someone who knows how to fight Orks.

> Given the slow speed of the battlefortresses, would such a scheme work?

Remember that BF speeds are essentially doubled: they move in bot the
normal and assault phases.

> Seems like any detachment I field that has a stompa, squiggoth, and/or
> battlefortress becomes my opponent's center of attention. Does anyone
> ever field a detachment of battlefortresses, or a gargant to purposely
> draw the opponent's attention away from your intended point of attack?

All the time, a Great Gargant usually does the trick. It's big enough to
be an attention-grabber, small enough (pointswise) in anything over a
2000 pt game to be expendable.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo