[Epic] 'Ideal' 2000 point Space Marine

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 21:02:10 -0500

Well, this one has served me well though I haven't actually sat down and
tried to make it perfect. Comes out to 2,039 so you'll never get that
extra fate card but what the heck.... (Oh, if you don't use the
Chaplain, Medic, Repair rules from E41k it comes in less than 2,000)

Supreme Commander
Shadow Skulls Chapter Master + LR + Chaplain, Medic, Repair (HQ)
Terminator Squad + LR
169 Points, Morale 4, HS 2, RS 15cm

Force Caius
II Company Captain Caius + Rhino + Chaplain, Medic, Repair (HQ)
II Company Librarian Garin + Rhino
4 x Tactical Squad + Rhino
4 x Whirlwind
381 Points, Morale 8, HS 10, RS 30cm

Force Huron
6 x Scout Squad (1 is HQ)
121 Points, Morale 3, HS 3, RS 30cm

Force Telemakus
5 x Terminator Squad + LR (1 is HQ)
4 x Dreadnought
403 Points, Morale 9, HS 7, RS 20cm

Force Barcas
6 x Predator Tank (1 is HQ)
3 x Vindicator Tank
265 Points, Morale 6, HS 5, RS 30cm

Force Scipio
VII Company Librarian Licinius + Bike (HQ)
5 x Attack Bike
2 x Land Speeder
8 x Bike
230 Points, Morale 5, HS 8, RS 30cm

Force Falco (Air Mobile) in Drop Pods or T-Hawks
VIII Company Captain Falco w/Jump Packs + Chaplain, Medic, Repair (HQ)
VIII Company Librarian Urian w/Jump Packs
5 x Assault Squad
285 Points, Morale 6, HS 6, RS 30cm

Tactical Air Wing, Shadow Skulls Chapter
2 x Thunderhawk Gunship (1 is HQ)
185 Points, Morale 4, HS 1, RS Fly

---
A few comments:
This army has specialized detachments but on the whole has a little bit
of everything except war engines.  I often do field super heavies or
Titans in 2,000 points but this army happens to have none.
On the whole, it has a detachment for every purpose.  The Supreme
Commander and the Terminators with the Land Raiders and Dreadnoughts
make a fine 'anvil' against which to let your opponent smash his army.
The bikes and drop pod/Thunderhawk-borne assault squads let you counter
quick enemy detachments, developing maneuvers and reinforce threatened
areas or grab objectives.  The predators give you another set of tanks
aside from the land raiders with which to duel your opponent.  The
scouts are a good screen and can annoy your opponent if he doesn't pay
attention to them (hey, 12FP on overwatch...)  Finally the tactical
squads with Whirlwinds as backup are for those big massed formations
your opponent may field.  They are also great as a slightly smaller
anvil.  I have played a 3-way scenario vs. Orks and Chaos with this
army, had both gang up on me and gave as good as I got while being
attacked from all sides.  Of course, there wasn't much left at the end
of the game, but... <grin>  Remember that one, Scott?
Hope it helps.  As soon as I get the next update for my web page
finished, along with the next set of Campaign Rules (haven't forgotten,
Carl!) I'll put up all 25 or so army lists and 100 or so detachments
I've created so far...
Regards,
- Erik