[Epic] Good or Evil

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 15:29:58 +0000

At 22:31 04/03/98 -0600, you wrote:

>> Yeah, this is something I have thought about for a while, particularly in
>> WH40k. But, unfortunately, it would be against my principles to do
anything
>> but a 'good' race ;)
>
>Well, based on the actions of the races in question in the WH40K
>universe, I would be forced to say the orks ARE the good guys.

Hmmmm... Good guys in the 40K universe. And who exactly would they be? Of
all the races only Chaos are true to their nature completely. They aren't
neceassilly evil, just chaotic.

Eldar are not good. They are down right nasty toward the other races. And
which other race can lay claim to almost causing their own genocide. And
look at their aspect warriors and exarchs. Not principally good there.

Orks are reasonably true to their nature, although the stormboys and the
blood axes are perversions to the true nature. And the madboys well, maybe
they are the closest to their true nature. But from their actions they are
most assuredly not good.

Tyranid are true to their own nature, but in their all consuming actions
they are not good toward the other sentients. In many ways they are the
true evil of the galaxy. And the fact they are bugs. I hate bugs.

Now the Imperium is not good. Neither the Space Marines, tech guard or
Imperial Guard are by no means good. They control their worlds with an iron
fist. No free speech, no rights at all for the common person. And they do
kill for the wrong reasons at times. Destroying worlds is not beyond their
scope. The Imperium is a truly dictatorial nasty empire. There is no
denying it.

The 40K world has sides opposing each other. No real good or evil.

                 Colonel Abrahms, 22nd Oceania Regiment
                  "He dosen't know what he wants.
                          He's Insane"
                email J.Stephensen_at_...