Re: [Epic] Good or Evil

From: COOK MATTHEW JOHN <PBS4661_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 10:53:59 +0000

> At 22:31 04/03/98 -0600, you wrote:
>
> >> Yeah, this is something I have thought about for a while, particularly in
> >> WH40k. But, unfortunately, it would be against my principles to do
> anything
> >> but a 'good' race ;)
> >
> >Well, based on the actions of the races in question in the WH40K
> >universe, I would be forced to say the orks ARE the good guys.
>
> Hmmmm... Good guys in the 40K universe. And who exactly would they be? Of
> all the races only Chaos are true to their nature completely. They aren't
> neceassilly evil, just chaotic.
>
> Eldar are not good. They are down right nasty toward the other races. And
> which other race can lay claim to almost causing their own genocide. And
> look at their aspect warriors and exarchs. Not principally good there.
>
> Orks are reasonably true to their nature, although the stormboys and the
> blood axes are perversions to the true nature. And the madboys well, maybe
> they are the closest to their true nature. But from their actions they are
> most assuredly not good.
>
> Tyranid are true to their own nature, but in their all consuming actions
> they are not good toward the other sentients. In many ways they are the
> true evil of the galaxy. And the fact they are bugs. I hate bugs.
>
> Now the Imperium is not good. Neither the Space Marines, tech guard or
> Imperial Guard are by no means good. They control their worlds with an iron
> fist. No free speech, no rights at all for the common person. And they do
> kill for the wrong reasons at times. Destroying worlds is not beyond their
> scope. The Imperium is a truly dictatorial nasty empire. There is no
> denying it.
>
> The 40K world has sides opposing each other. No real good or evil.

Sqauts?
Anyway I agree with you good is not a thing you can associate with
any of these races but then is that surprising. Ok so you get some
benefelently good races in Sci Fi but they are the minority most are
in some ways bad at least.If you look at the world today how many
countries could you say were good. You cant even say that certain
ones are bad as it comes down to individuals or groups rarther than
the whole populus.
The few things I can think of that MAY be good would be
Races which died out because of taken over/killed by other more
  aggressive races Races which nobody would know about as they keep
  themselves to themselves and if not aggressive what place do they
  have in a wargame anyway!
Maybe (unlikely) some of the lost worlds of the Imperium depending on
what happened to them after contact with Earth broken.

         *** M J COOK ***
AKA: Ghaz,Ghazgkull,Mat,Sparrow,Cookie,Walter Tatum,
     Alberto Giovanni,Damien Black,Joshua,Dct Strank
     Peter Jones & some I can't remember!