Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 11:13:50 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 19-Feb-97 Re: [Epic] Net Epic by Spatula_at_...
> > Similarly, skimmers such as Jetbikes should be immune. So I'd like some
> > units to have a CAF only useful vs Infantry. Maybe some Eldar Aspects
> > might also be included here.
>
> The CC aspects already have taken this into account, correct?

    Well, the Scorpions do, though IMHO the only way Scorpions,
Beastmen, and the like are going to take out a Rhino is to board it and
kill the driver. The Banshees lose their special ability, but a Power
Sword just isn't going to do 6+2d6 worth of CC against a hard target. I
guess one could assume Jain Zar is hiding among them, but... Dire
Avengers also can't punch through armor very well, though they may get
grenade options. Eldar are *specialized*. This hoses them. Fire
Dragons use melta-guns in 40k, I believe, and Dark Reapers have
multitudes of Missiles to choose from... Harlies have grenade options.
Wraithguard guns penetrate even a Titan's armor half the time, I think.

> > Can we therefore divide CAF into 2 areas: HtH only - which in the case
> > of Genestealers etc CAN peel back armour plate, but generally can't ,
> > and cannot affect skimmers - and Close Assault Combat using point-blank
> > bolters, grenades, (plus some HtH) which genarlly CAN affect vehicles,
> > bit is more effective vs infantry (and quite good vs skimmers too).
>
> So basically, each unit would have 2 CAFs?

    I kind of like this idea, actually. If enough people agree, I
propose we put it on the back burner and implement it in the next
iteration of NetEpic.

Mark