Re: [Epic] Pricing & other useless questions (Off Topic)

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 11:26:08 -0500 (EST)

"COOK MATTHEW JOHN" <PBS4661_at_...> writes:
> On 5 Mar 98 at 12:02, Dirk Vormann wrote:
>
> > > Anyway I have two questions: In wich Codex I could find Stats for the
> > > Adeptus Arbites in 40K ? And what is a "Heavy Stubber" ?
> > The arbites article is reprinted in th W40k battles book.
> > You should find the heavy stubber in the wargear/equipment book in the
> > basic game.
> Err didn't think heavy stubber was from 40k
> Was a Necromunder weapon so rules would be in their with slightly
> different format with ammo roles etc. Was sometime in WD or in the
> Necromunder rulebook bit on converting Necromunder to 40k and vice
> versa I think but you still have to then convert back from that.
> Heavy stubber was big gun(only carried by heavies), lotsa ammo with
> sustained fire dice, notoriously unreliable

        It was reasonably reliable, as far as any 2 sustained fire
dice weapon went. It was pretty close to the heavy bolter, except the
ammo checks on a jam were 4+ instead of 6+, and it hit with Strength 4
and 1 Wound instead of (IIRC) Strength 5 and d3 wounds for the Heavy
Bolter. I loved them, they were pretty cheap but still good enough to
scare the opponent into staying off a section of ground.
        I'm still meaning to model that Delaque gang as an IG stand or
two... I need to hack up some inquisitors, unfortunately.

Mark