Re: [Epic] Ork (was �Epic� Painting)

From: COOK MATTHEW JOHN <PBS4661_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 16:20:55 +0000

On 5 Mar 98 at 14:54, Erik �stberg wrote:

> owner-space-marine_at_...:
> > > How can you say that?
> > > Tolkien's Orcs have black-grey skin, and they are the ones
> I've
> > > always referred to as original orcs.
> > Are you familiar with the difference between an Ork and an Orc?
> Orcs are
> > off topic here.
> >

> In Warhammer they're called Orcs, and they look exactly the same
> as the Orks, so saying that Orks (Orcs) have to be green is still
> wrong, I think. Perhaps in GW's world it's a true statement, but
> calling all other ways of thinking a heresy is a bit strange.

Actually I think you are wrong Orc are generic name in lots of
systems but thought Ork was a GW trademark for 40k. Thus if you
playing by GW fluff Orks should be green cause of the algae (although
is up to the owner how he paints his own models), allthough Orcs
(usually without guns allthough not in Shadowrun and some other Game
systems) are debatable and dont have the fluff about algae as far as
I know(may well be wrong about the older stuff).

         *** M J COOK ***
AKA: Ghaz,Ghazgkull,Mat,Sparrow,Cookie,Walter Tatum,
     Alberto Giovanni,Damien Black,Joshua,Dct Strank
     Peter Jones & some I can't remember!