Re: old timers (was Re: [Epic] Rants. Was SM/TL vs E40K unit costs)

From: chadtaylor <chadtaylor_at_...>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 00:58:57 -0500

> > >Chad (was gone, now I'm back)
> >
> > Ditto, like the peculiar smell that came from my friends old lounge.
> > Colonel Abrahms, 22nd Oceania Regiment
> > "He dosen't know what he wants.
> > He's Insane"
> > email J.Stephensen_at_...
>
> Oh, my goodness, Chad and the Colonel are back. It's been a while.
> From what I remember, Chad was the other side of the 20 Thawks vs
> Tyranids battle Alan fondly and frequently remembers, and Jason was a
> source of good tactics discussions. Welcome back. Any reason for the
> return? What are you playing these days?
>
> andy
>
> --
> Andy Skinner
> askinner_at_...

Yep, that was me (great to know that I am remembered only for getting
mushed in a 'e-mail/list' game in front of everyone :)

I'm mostly playing Full Thrust. I'm back because I have been playing Dirt
Side II, and while it is a good game(better game really than sm/tl or e40k)
I just can't handle the Chits. I really really really want to like e40k so
I'm going to give it another try. The first (couple) time I played trying
to work out the rules (E40k) I decided I didn't like them because they were
not as clean/fast/clear as the SM/TL rules (and yes I know there were/are
plenty of buggy things there also). From the way the list reads (questions
etc) I think I was right the first time. People are still trying to figure
out how to play the game on the most basic level. Given that, I'm going to
give it another try. Doubtful outcome though. Maybe I should get Alan,
his 20 thawks, and my bugs and give it another round ;)

Chad