Re: [Epic] Rants. Was SM/TL vs E40K unit costs

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 13:38:45 +0100 (MET)

>Is every body missing my point? They have an unrealistic rule that they
>try and paper over with a statement about REALISM. I'm not the one that
>said that this is a realistic game, I know that, but the DESIGNERS use a
>statement about "on a real battle field" to justify this rule. You
>can't have your cake and eat too.

I just don't think you're eating it right...

:-)

I'm not an expert on any kind of warfare, but it is my understanding that
today, officers in the field are indistinguishable from everyone else, and
in ancient times it was common practice to have as many doubles as was
feasable on the battle field to decoy the enemy and keep the real king safe
- it wouldn't surprise me if all those guys waving banners are expendable
scum on some kind of punishment detail or something like that. It would be
the guy standing near the guy with the banner that you should be worrying
about...

Agro