[Epic] Bye for now + chaos

From: Carl Woodrow <carl.woodrow_at_...>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 18:02:17 -0000

Dear all,
        Due to problems with my phone connection dropping lines
amongst other things, I am going to have to unsubscribe from the list
for a couple of weeks or so. I will continue to post stuff here in regards
to Dropship and other articles of interest, but I won't be able to read
any replies. If you do wish to get in touch I can be reached through the
usual channels on Gene-seed or Dropship.

I'll try to keep everyone infomed as far as new releases are concerned as best I can, but I have to say that I spoke to GW today in regards to the Chaos army releases and the answer wasn't too great. Basically they have only started finalising the finished models in the last month, so I don't expect to see anything for a while yet.

On a very off-topic note, I played a quick couple of games of the new Blood Bowl rules yesterday and when I say quick I mean it!. The game plays totally differently and is a lot more flowing, in fact they are damned quick! with a 4 minute time limit made for moves. Also any players (models) that fail their objective immediately means the opposing team takes their turn. Basically this means the game can swing too and fro very quickly indeed. Games are also limited in length. Initial impressions are good, plus finally a handicap system has been introduced into league games to reduce the cheese of star players. The only real downside is the pitch is cardboard as opposed to the neat polystyrene one that came in the 2nd edition. Other than that I would suggest those that have shelved their teams bring them out of retirement...The 'Orkland Hackers' and 'Altdorf Assassins' are back and are looking for a scrap :)

That's all for now
Regards
Carl

Carl Woodrow - Gene-seed and Dropship Editor

Gryphonne IV Gene-seed
http://freespace.virgin.net/carl.woodrow/epic/