Re: [Epic] what should i run as a 3000 point army against el

From: Keith Laidlaw <k.laidlaw_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 15:32:37 +0000

>>On Mon 09 Mar, L. Brian Hayes wrote:
>> gentlemen, (and ladies if there are any present)
>> I have a game scheduled for this thursday (3-12) set up against the
>> dreaded Eldar. (I run a Imperial army, heavy marines) I would like to
>know > what the general opinion is as to what type of force I should field?

<snip>

>Take lots of artillery (600 to 900 points).

     I agree. I learned this lesson well last Sunday in my first battle
     against the Eldar using an all Imperial guard force (1500pts a side).
     In the first game, the Engines of Vaul blew away my detachment of 10
     Leman Russ plus two superheavy tanks without so much as a scratch to
     themselves. I was soundly beaten. We tried again with the same forces
     and my artillery successfully suppressed the Engines of Vaul, and
     ultimately destroyed them. They got two shots off in the entire game.
     The resulting score was a draw.
     Eldar superheavy tanks are very powerfull but also very fragile.

     Keith

[ Attachment content not displayed ]