Re: [Epic] My Database, AGAIN

From: <anvil_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 17:17:20 -0500

Stephen Sheldon wrote:

> Don't know if anyone ever received this message because of the list
> errors, but, I am compiling a database of detachments, which I wish to
> create for use by the list. therefore, I would like to see everyones
> favourite playtested detachments for any race, so that I may put 'em all
> together and give everyone a copy as a reference and source...
> Mail them to me (s_sheldon_at_...) or the list...
> Steve

These det's are a cohesive team, each with it's own task.

Swarm 1 460pts, morale 10
hive tyrant x1
tyranid warrior x4
temagant x15
zoanthrope x1
carnifex x3
assault spawn x6
this is the "tactical" detachment

swarm 2 490 pts, morale 10
hive tyrant x1
tyranid warrior x4
genestealer x10
hormagaunt x10
carnifex x5
assault spawn x3
this is the "assault" detachment

swarm 3 544pts, morale 11
tyranid warrior x4
biovore x10
dactylis x6
exocrine x3
this is the "devestator" detachment

The battle plan is this, swarm 3 pounds the target detachment to
paralyze with blast markers (they are on overwatch). Swarm 1 rushes up
and shoots, hopefully inflicting casualties (they are on assault). Swarm
2 follows closely behind swarm 1 and assaults the target detachment.
Thje stealers go in first so that the faster hormagaunts can penetrate
deeply into the target. The carnifexi attack the most resilient units
and the spawn try to get deep into the target as well.
This army has eaten 1 warlord, 2 reavers, and innumerable marine and orc
infantry. It was, however, beaten by orcs in sub-300 point detachments
with a lot of firepower. Apparently, to many choices on the menu confuse
hive tyrants.

anvil