Re: [Epic] My Database, AGAIN

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 00:51:06 PST

Sean as �crit :

>I have duobts about the merit of a database of detachments.
>You cannot weigh up the value of detachments in isolation,
>detachments only have value in terms of how effectively they
>perform certain roles within an army. You only include
>particular detachments in an army if you think the roles
>that they perform effectively are what you need in your army.

(...)

>Well those are my reasons for deciding not to submit detachments
>for the database.
>
>---
>
>Sean Smith
>
>Seans_at_...
>
>---

I understand your point of view and I do agree with some of your ideas
but I think that a detachment database can be really interesting.

For new players : when you begin to play, it's very difficult to build a
detachment from scratch, you have no experience (or "bad" experience
from the Epic Space Marine when you didn't have to build detachments but
armies). Such a database can help a beginner for his first battles.

For experienced players : a detachment database gives ideas of new
detachments and of new strategies!

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 03/06/97

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/