Re: [Epic] (Fwd) phew... a bad traders almost catched me !!!

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 10:00:17 -0500

Miller, Chris wrote:

> > Ciao a tutti,
> > greetings from Italy !!
> >
> > A simple e-mail error saved me from a robbery (!!) on Bartertown.
> > I read now that mr Jim Sommers is on the fresh new list of the BAD
> > traders !
> >
> > Caveat emptor !! is an old latin warning about treachery !
> > Be careful with this guy he has several mail address:
> > Jim Sommers of Santee, CA - skeleton_at_...
> > JSommers00_at_...
> > JSommers_at_...
> >
> --------> I might as well admit it...I got taken for a ride by
> this guy...been 2 weeks today since I sent out my stuff and
> nothing/nada/zip and both e-mail addresses I had for him are dead. The
> guys on the WH40K list have so far found 5 people (including me) screwed
> by this guy in the past month.
>
> My trade was various marine parts & sprues for titan parts and a
> gargant. He's got MY stuff now, and I've seen zilch.
>
> If you find/hear from him, let me know.
>
> Chris Miller

Apparently the guy is a white supremacist. Do a search on DejaNews for
skeleton_at_..., and you get a lot of postings to alt.skinheads and
more. His names is listed as Jim Sommers, Hank Rudr, and Erik von
Totenreich. Seems to be a real jerk.

Didn't see anything in an infoseek, but it might be worth searching for
some of these email addresses/names on other services.

andy "Sauron Jr."

(This kind of stuff didn't help my loss to a guy in Australia. We found
the guy's phone number, and Alan Brain even talked to him and his mom.
We wrote letters to allow Alan to be our representative to get our stuff
back, and then have not been able to contact again. Alan, maybe they've
got caller ID, and you should try from a different phone?)

--
Andy Skinner
askinner_at_...